Today, needless to say I slept in and relaxed a bit more. I went to the old city and found a nice little merchant walk that had very little space and began to talk with the shop owners. This developed into a three hour discussion about everything. It was good. I am learning a great deal here and today was no exception.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I spent the night last night walking a great deal. This is fine except the hills in Jerusalem are extremely challenging. I wanted to see where I was in relation to other landmarks so I walked home rather than take the bus. This proved to be a lot more difficult on my knees than I had anticipated. I ended up walking to some look outs off the highway and discovered that I could note every area that I had been today. I was shocked at how close they seemed to be related to each other when absorbing the whole scene. I then thought, "I can surely make it to Ibrahims if I've already walked this much today." Well, I did make it but I realized that the four sheckels for the bus was a generous gift in contrast to walking up hill both ways. Literally 9 hours of walking up and down hills steep enough to break ones neck if one were to fall down. It was worth it though. I got to experience the cost of weighing 240 pounds and the reward of knowing that I know where I am in relation to my surroundings. I would estimate 12 miles a day is what I can comfortably do, and yesterday was something like a million. It was good though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
which days do each of these correspond to? It looks like you posted them all on the same day, but they seem to refer to different ones.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a really good time there! Quite the experience for sure.
Jon, these were all posted on the same day but I just kept adding to them. I was just catching everything up to speed when I had the chance. Later. Oh, do you know how to put images in?
ReplyDeleteYea, there's an 'insert image' button in the editor page. Just look above the text field and there will be a button/link somewhere up there.
ReplyDelete